I’m going to write the recipe for this but before I do I must tell you NOT to stick to the ingredients. Most veg and cooked meat would work fab in this so just use whatever you have. In the past I’ve used meats such as cooked sausage, salami, bacon, chorizo, ham. Cooked chicken would work too. Veg wise I’ve used different types of pepper, courgette, tomatoes, roasted red onion, aubergine, mushrooms, spinach, frozen peas frozen sweetcorn. Also please not that I’ve only grated the courgette in this recipe so my toddler will eat it and so that it cooks nice and quick. Also I vary between cooking this as individual ones in a bun/muffin tin or as a whole in a loaf tin and slicing it.
- 90ml milk
- 3 medium eggs
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Frankfurter sausages (or other cooked or smoked sausages)
- 2 slices salami
- A few handfuls of sweetcorn (tinned of frozen)
- 1/2 a pepper, diced
- 1/3 of a courgette, grated
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Very lightly oil a loaf tin or muffin tray (you don’t need to grease it if you use silicone).
- Thinly slice the sausage and cube the salami.
- Layer the sausage, salami and veg in your chosen baking tin.
- Season generously with black pepper.
- Mix the eggs and mill together in a small bowl with a fork. Pour the mixture over the layered sausage, salami and veg.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins or until cooked all the way through and golden on top. Individual ones in a muffin/bun tray will cook faster.