We had run out of anything sweet for pudding I noticed with my other half and toddler due home in 10mins time and tea needing to be finished off. What can I rustle up quickly? Ah flapjack! But how can I make it a bit more interesting…we’ll there used to be a recipe in the Bero book that used cornflakes in flapjack, I could put a spin on that…so here it is.
- 125g margarine or butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 220g oats
- 30g Crunchy nut/ honey nut cornflakes
- Grease and line a baking tin (mine was approximately 9″ square but any smallish size will be fine, round or square). Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter, sugar and maple syrup in a pan on a medium heat stirring regularly until the ingredients are combined and the butter is melted.
- Add in the oats and crunchy nut cornflakes and mix together.
- Put in the baking tin and bake for 20-25mins until golden on top.
- Slice while warm and leave to cool before serving.
Super simple, really tasty. Enjoy!