We had some leftover pulled pork from our meal on Sunday (pulled pork recipe here) and wanted to do something a bit different with it. So I made these pulled pork quesadillas. I use Henderson’s Relish in mine which is something quite local to Sheffield and South Yorkshire. You can substitute for Worcestershire sauce if you have some in or leave out entirely.
- 150g pulled pork
- A pack of wraps (white, wholemeal, whichever you fancy)
- 1/2 a 400g tin of refried beans
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garlic puree (or 1 clove of garlic, crushed)
- 1 tbsp Henderson’s Relish (or Worcestershire sauce) (optional)
- Black pepper
- Put the pulled pork in a small frying pan with the cumin, smoked paprika, chilli powder, garlic, Henderson’s Relish (if using) and season well with black pepper. Cook on a medium heat for 5 mins until the ingredients are mixed together and the pork is thoroughly heated all the way through.
- To assemble the quesadillas place approximately 1-2 dessert spoons of refried beans on half of each wrap, put pulled pork on a quarter of the wrap on top of the refried beans. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the same half of wrap covered by the refried beans. Fold into quarters (fold in half and then in half again).
- Place a little oil (approximately 1 tsp) in a frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the quesadillas for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. You can either serve immediately or put in the oven to keep warm.
You can turn any leftover wraps into nachos by slicing the wrap like a pizza into 8 bits and frying for a few minutes each side in a frying pan. Serve with grated cheese, salsa, sour cream and/or jalapeños.