Earlier this week snack time was called mid afternoon in our house. After already demolishing a small orange (or tangerine or whatever they’re called) my toddler was still asking for more. So I knocked up this icecream in less than 5 minutes. It does need some preparation before hand if the ingredients aren’t the sort of thing you normally keep in the freezer. When I have fruit that’s getting towards being over-ripe I chop it and freeze it to use later. Besides this recipe frozen fruit makes great smoothies or can be put in porridge.
This makes enough to serve 2-3 as a snack. The recipe can easily be doubled (or more).
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 a mango, chopped and frozen
- 3-4 dessert spoons of double cream
- Place the frozen banana and mango in a food processor and blend until in very small pieces.
- Add the cream a little a few spoonfuls at a time and blend until its a nice thick smooth consistency. Serve immediately or place in the freezer to set a little more and eat later.
It really is that simple! No added sugar either. For the more health conscious you could swap the double cream for low fat yoghurt or a fruit juice but you won’t need as much. You can make this dairy free by using soya cream, almond or soya milk or fruit juice. You could swap the mango for a different fruit too or just have it banana flavoured.
Needless to say the toddler loved it and even pinched some of my portion after she finished her own!