One night last week we needed some pudding for after tea so after work U whipped up these mini vanilla cheesecakes. There’s no baking in the oven so no risk of the cheesecake splitting and its made with ingredients you’re all likely to have in the cupboard/fridge.
Makes approx 8 mini cheesecakes
- 80g ginger biscuits
- 50g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 200g cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Put the ginger biscuits in a plastic bag and crush until you have mostly fine crumbs (its nice to have a few chunky bits too but not too chunky). You could do this in a food processor if you have one.
- Melt the butter in a pan or microwave. Mix the crushed biscuits and butter together.
- Place the butter and biscuit mixture in to the bottoms of a bun tin and press down with a spoon. This mixture makes approximately 8.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 30mins or so.
- Meanwhile put the cream cheese in a bowl and mix to soften.
- Add the vanilla extract and maple syrup (if using) and mix together.
- Sieve the icing sugar in to the bowl and mix again.
- Spoon on top of the bases and chill for an hour. Its OK to chill for less than this but the mixture won’t be set as much.
You can serve these as they are or you could add a topping such as:
- Sliced berries
- A thin layer of ready made caramel (or dulce de leche) and then top with sliced banana
- A drizzle of chocolate sauce and some grated chocolate
I’m sure you can think of lots more topping ideas.