I was in the supermarket looking at puddings for tea when I asked my other half if he wanted one of the ones on the shelf or if I should make us a pudding when we got home. We decided I would make us a pudding but I was inspired by the chocolate puddings on offer in the supermarket as they always come with a yummy chocolate sauce. Usually I miss out this sort of addition to my puddings but this chocolate sauce is so simple and so yummy I won’t chicken out again!
For the sponge
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g self raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 60ml milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 85g margarine
For the sauce
- 25g dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa solids)
- 50g milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 100ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C and Line and grease an approx 15cm diameter round cake tin.
- Put all the ingredients for the sponge in to a bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon or electric whisk.
- Put the cake mix in to the greased tin and bake in the oven for approximately 30 mins. It will be a little gooey in the centre but if you put a skewer in it should come out mostly clean. Leave to cool slightly whilst you make the chocolate sauce.
- Put the chocolates, butter and cream in a small pan over a low heat and stir continuously until all melted together.
- Serve the sauce poured over your sponge.
Tip: The sauce can easily be doubled up if you want more or you can serve with additional cream or icecream.