I LOVE creme eggs, they’re seriously yummy. I’ve seen different posts on facebook including a creme egg brownie and a mini creme egg rocky road. Brownie is a firm favourite in our house, as I’m sure it is in many others, but in all honesty, the normal sized creme eggs are just too good to put in a brownie, so I wanted to try making a brownie with mini ones instead. Here’s the recipe:
Makes approx 9 squares
- 100g chocolate (I prefer milk but you could use dark chocolate)
- 125g unsalted butter
- 40g cocoa powder
- 35g self raising flour
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 20g white chocolate chips (optional – add more if you want!)
- 6 mini creme eggs (chopped in half lengthways)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease a and line a 9inch square baking tin.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir regularly until its all melted
- In another bowl mix together the flour, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Put the melted chocolate and butter mixture in to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the eggs and mix together.
- Add in the mini creme egg halves and the white chocolate chips (if using)
- Place the mixture in to your baking tin and place in the oven for 25 mins.
- Turn the oven down to 125C and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Once cooked take the brownie out and leave to cool. You can either leave it to cool completely or serve it warm with some cream/ice cream.
This went down a treat with the whole family! Enjoy!