This was something I knocked up for my lunch in just 10 minutes! Super tasty and super easy.
- 1 small pack of button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100ml cream (single or double)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1tsp dried parsley
- 140g dried penne pasta
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1tsp butter
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan to serve
- Boil some water in a pan and, once boiling, add the pasta. Cook as per the instructions on the pack, usually about 10mins.
- Heat the butter and the oil in a frying pan on a low-medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the mushrooms and fry until they’re nearly golden on both sides (should only take a few minutes on each side)
- Add the garlic and fry for another 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted, then add the cream, dried parsley and black pepper to your taste. Simmer gently until the pasta is cooked.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain it and if you want a little more sauce reserve a bit of the pasta water and stir through the sauce.
- Stir the pasta in to the sauce and serve with grated Parmesan.